Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OPI - Last Friday Night Review

 
      "Last Friday Night" (LFN) was released with the rest of the Katy Perry Collection of 2011 which consisted of two glitters, two shimmers and a black shatter polish. I purchased this polish last week from the Ulta in my town. At first glance, this polish appears to be a princess pink glitter with a royal blue base. Once applied, the color better resembles the crayola crayon color called "Cornflower Blue". When examined more closely it becomes clear that pink glitter is not all that this polish contains; finely milled blue glitter becomes quite apparent. When the light catches the glitter, the nail reminds me of a rainbow fish scale from the ever loved children's book, "The Rainbow Fish" by Marcus Pfister.
     This polish may have very well been designed for a child considering the color of the base the glitter is held in. The first thing that I noticed about LFN was the consistency of the base. The base is reminiscent of  the glitter polishes I used as a little girl. The base is of a jelly-like texture and fairly clear; almost like a tinted top coat. Because the color is so translucent, multiple layers are a good idea. As a result of the large brush size and the quick-dry formula (OPI doesn't claim the polish is quick dry, but I found that it is), application is relatively easy. The large brush and the sheerness of the polish's base allows for a clean application. Because the brush is so large, it tends to merely bump the skin surrounding the nail as opposed swiping color onto the finger.
     All in all, I enjoy the polish but probably would not buy it again (assuming it is still available if/when I run out). I wish the pink glitter was available when I went to Ulta so I could have given that one a try instead.

On a scale of 1-10 (in terms of how much I like it) I would give it a 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment